syrene hvid. (
verylongfarewell) wrote2025-09-03 08:21 pm
58 | get creative!

I had a fine plan today, which was to go downtown to pick up some medicine and since I was downtown anyway, buy some artsy postcards to use for my future creative endeavours to make merch and promo stuff for DMF. It didn't go quite as... planned. Well, as you can see above, I sure got the cards!
I didn't get the meds. Because I had no open prescriptions available and had to call my doctor to get it renewed and then, I couldn't actually pick the stuff up until after four in the afternoon, so there went my grand scheme.
But I got the postcards and they're beautiful - and I can't wait till I get to cut them up and glue it all back together in new, interesting and hopefully aesthetically pleasing ways.
So far, the plan is to make bookmarks and homemade postcards primarily, but I'm also thinking of doing the cut-up technique on some of the letters from the book and make poetry that way, some of them could go on the cards, too, I guess. It would be an interesting exercise, to rethink the text like that.
I did it when I self-published last time, in 2019. I was a good way to stay in the process, even as the actual writing was done. I think it could be exactly what I need right now, too, when I'm 30 pages from being done with my, so far, last reread and editing round.
Also, I very much need to get back to making calendar/daily planner-pages for Marie-Claude! I keep wanting to and then this rereading thing gets in the way, but tomorrow! Definitely. My parcel from the DIY store should also be arriving then, so I can get started on all sorts of creative things over the weekend.
Heard back from our cover artist and she said she'd get the updated files to us tonight at the latest, but nothing yet, so I'm guessing she might be working on it or hasn't gotten around to it yet, she has been swamped with gigs the past two weeks. Since we don't need the cover acutely, I'm not too worried about it, but it would be a nice thing to finally cross off our to-do list, definitely. Hoping I will wake up to a notification in the morning.
Meanwhile, I've really taken to Instagram and am using the platform to promote the book as much as possible, while we work towards completing it. K. and I have agreed that we're publishing it at some point between November and January, so that gives us a horizon to work towards now which does help the lethargy that as definitely been a thing the past couple of weeks. Just tired, that's all. Just tired.
While doing this creative stuff side by side with the editing and read-throughs, I was reminded that
K. got the ingenius idea of making us curry dressing-pasta salad tonight which is such a simple, but very filling and delicious dish and we ate and we're full and tired and there were almost no leftovers, we were that hungry for it. Now she's playing the piano (earphones on, so no actual music) and I'm writing this entry and in five minutes I will go back to my read-through and finish this thing. Then, there's only left for K. to go through my comments on the parts that are hers and then, we can send it off to our fourth and final beta.
Who has promised to be done before November, so that's a least a time frame to work with.
Both really beginning to anticipate being done with this novella and at the same time, looking forward to keep working on it, too, in all these different ways. At least, I know we have something new within the universe lined up and waiting for the new year, when we're ready to go through this sort of process again.
