verylongfarewell: (carte blanche.)
syrene hvid. ([personal profile] verylongfarewell) wrote2025-10-21 03:56 pm

69 | before october is out





I finished my advent calendar!

I wrote the last entry for it yesterday, then read the entire thing today and I am really, really satisfied. I like the interpersonal dynamics and relationships I manage to create and the development that my narrator goes through is really good, if I can say so myself. Very, very happy with it.

Originally, I had planned for it to be 25 entries long, but as we got nearer to December 20th, I felt that I was prolonging something that inevitably had to take up less space, so I shortened it to 24 entries and that did the trick. It all came together so nicely.

Luckily, in Denmark, we celebrate X-mas on the evening of the 24th rather than the morning of the 25th, so it all fits just fine.



This week is crazy enough as it is, without the euphoria of finishing a project. I have my first appointment with my new physio on Friday. I had originally picked this physio because I could take a bus directly to their clinic, but due to renovations and such that isn't actually possible right now, so on Friday I'm paying for a cab instead and then I'll figure out from there what to do, transportation-wise. There is a bus I can take from here and than make one shift, and the next one will take me directly to the address, but I'll have to try it first before I find out whether that's feasible for me. Either way, an half hour appointment is gonna be a full-day deal for me, energy-wise, so I'm perparing for that mentally.

Then, Saturday - because I obviously know how to plan these things - I have a bunch of writing buddies coming over, so we'll need to deep-clean the apartment Friday afternoon and I am gonna be social all Saturday afternoon... I am dead just from the thought, though also really excited, it's just a lot of planning and stuff to do, stuff to buy, stuff to prepare...

Sunday, I will probably cease to exist for a little while getting ready for another full week the week after.

Like I said. I know how to plan these things, obviously.



And now I'm hit with a sudden urge to play one of the minor characters from my advent calendar. I found the perfect PB for her, too. Maybe that's tonight's project.



Earlier today, I went shopping and I wore my new winter boots and I happened to tighten them around my bad ankle too much and it was seriously pain that is only beginning to fade now, hours later. Not making that mistake again. I have to remember that my foot swells when I use it, so I gotta keep the boot looser than I need when I'm just putting it on. Very painful lesson learned.

But they're good boots and I'm looking forward to using them more!



Next stop is waiting for my beta to read the calendar and send notes back. Sometime during November, probably.